Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud computing solution offering infrastructure as a service (IaaS). This provides on-demand access to computing resources & power; useful for storage, applications and databases. All of which are made available via the internet with a pay as you go pricing model. This ensures that you only pay for the computing resources that you use and need.
Amazon Web Services owns and maintains the network-connected hardware whilst you provision and use what you need via a simple web application (AWS Console) and can access virtual computers/servers via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
You can use Amazon Web Services to replace physical hardware, servers and storage through creating virtual machines/storage. The power and storage capacity of these machines can be scaled up and down instantly depending on your need for more or less computing power and resources and you only pay for what you use/need.
Add more power to your ability to work on the go from anywhere in the world with easy remote access to Amazon Web Services via the internet.
The key competitive advantages of Amazon Web Services include:
- Replace capital expenses with operational expenses (variable)
- Instead of having to invest heavily up front in servers before you know how you’re going to use them, you can only pay when you use computing resources and only pay for how much you use and need. (Pay-as-you-go).
- Stop guessing capacity or power
- You shouldn’t have to keep guessing on your IT infrastructure capacity needs. Normally, when you end up making a decision on capacity you often end up either paying a lot for too much capacity that you won’t use or dealing with limited capacity that affects your business operations. With cloud computing these problems go away. You can use as much or as little capacity as you need, and scale up and down in a matter of minutes.
- Increase speed and agility
- In cloud computing, new IT resources and increased power are only a click away. This means you can reduce the time it takes to make IT resources and computing power available from weeks to just minutes. This provides your organisation with an increase in agility, since the cost and time it takes to increase computing power is significantly lower.
- Stop spending money on running and maintaining servers
- Focus on your business operations, not the IT infrastructure. Cloud computing lets you focus more on your clients and customers, rather than dealing with the heavy lifting and complexity of racking, stacking and powering servers.
The power of cloud computing is totally in reach for your business. No matter what your size, Amazon Web Services solutions allow you to enjoy the benefits of dependable cloud solutions in order to increase efficiency and free up company resources – all for an affordable cost that fits your budget.
Contact Mac Smart to discover the benefits of Amazon Web Services (AWS).