Aug 11 2017
How to copy and paste between your Apple devices!
Using universal clipboard you can copy something from your Mac and paste in on your iPhone and vice versa.
For nearly a year now your Apple devices have shared a clipboard and you’ve probably used universal clipboard without any even realising. Basically, you can copy on one device and paste it on another. It can be incredibly useful and it is easy to use.
What is universal clipboard useful for?
Being able to copy and paste between your Apple devices will save you a lot of time and hassle especially when copying and paste pictures as you won’t have to wait for the image to upload to your iCloud library first. Here are some other ways in which universal clipboard could make your life easier:
- Text you want to paste into a WhatsApp chat typed on your Mac
- Website Links (URLs)
Here’s what you need in order to use universal clipboard:
- Apple devices running iOS 10 (or higher) and Mac OS Sierra (or higher)
- Both devices need to be signed into the same iCloud account
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must be turned on
- Handoff must be turned on
Check out this table below for the specific devices: